Mickler's Landing, a dog-friendly county beachside park, is a main access point for Ponte Vedra beach. You'll love taking your pup to the sand and watching as they enjoy the waves (but please, they must remain on their leash. It's the law.) Ponte Vedra Beach’s 40-foot sand dunes are among the highest in Florida. From their peak, they race down to white sand beaches made from Appalachian quartz and ancient coquina.
There's beach access from the Guana Tolomato Reserve as well. Seaside resorts and private escapes can be found in the twisted oaks and hammocks of the wild palmettos. The GTM Research Reserve manages the beach adjacent to the North Beach, Middle Beach, and South Beach access parking lots along A1A in Ponte Vedra Beach. You’ll find beach access parking lots located north of the GTM Visitor Center. Each parking lot is on the west side of A1A, between 4 and 7 miles north of Guana River Road. There are highway walkovers to the beach.
Scour the shoreline for shark teeth. You’ll need a keen eye to find these little souvenirs. Colors range from grey and black to red and brown tones. You can find modern-day shark teeth and the occasional fossilized tooth too!
Feel the Florida breeze as you bike through the Ponte Vedra area. We’ve described five different versions of biking adventures from biking through nature preserves to cycling on the beach to riding on the historic A1A. Whether you take your bike ride solo, with a small group, or as a part of one of our community’s organized bike excursions, your trip will be memorable.
Great viewing options await birders in the Ponte Vedra community. Birds of many species appear along the shore, in the marshes and along the broad expanses of the area’s waterways.
For many visitors to Ponte Vedra Beach, fishing is a fun part of their outdoor experience. Whether it’s an ocean outing, a quiet excursion to the lake, or combining fishing and an on-water kayak experience, the options in Ponte Vedra Beach will be memorable.
A short drive north from St. Augustine, Ponte Vedra Beach is synonymous with golf, though it offers many other adventures for the active person. Some of the most prestigious golf tournaments are headquartered here, including The PGA Tour and The Players Championship at TPC Sawgrass, home of the famous 17th-hole island green. The tournament draws a field that typically includes the top 50 ranked players. In addition to the Stadium Course, TPC Sawgrass also features Dye’s Valley, designed by legendary architect Pete Dye, Bobby Weed, and player consultant Jerry Pate. The course boasts perfectly manicured surfaces and water on every hole.
But that's not the only course in and around Ponte Vedra Beach worth checking out:
- The Ponte Vedra Inn & Club’s Lagoon and Ocean courses both feature a seaside-links atmosphere with meandering lagoons, undulating fairways, and elevated Bermuda greens protected by steep-faced bunkers to create a challenging course that will require all 14 clubs to conquer.
- Due to the scenic terrain and abundant wildlife, Marsh Landing Country Club could double as a nature preserve in addition to being a challenging championship golf course. The golf course winds through Intracoastal and tidal marshes, towering pines, and peaceful lagoons that provide unique scenery and challenges. Water hazards come into play on several holes and there are numerous bunkers strategically placed throughout.
- Ponte Vedra's newest course, The Yards, was originally designed by Arnold Palmer and combines the classic nine Front Yard with amazing par-threes from the new Backyard to create the first and only 12-hole course.
Hikers will find diverse options to explore in the Ponte Vedra area. From hiking along the shore to strolling along trails featuring dappled shade, hikers will enjoy the serenity they are seeking.
Kayaking on the broad range of water environments in the region is a great way to both have a fun day of recreation while viewing the amazing variety of ecosystems and natural environments that Ponte Vedra and Its Beaches has to offer.
No matter where you stay in Ponte Vedra, you can tap into the area’s history of luxury with a relaxing day at the spa.
- The Spa at the Ponte Vedra Inn and Club is the largest in Northeast Florida. This state-of-the-art facility has been meticulously designed to blend opulence and grandeur with the latest in technologies and therapies. The Ponte Vedra Spa’s extensive menu of more than 100 beauty and pampering services represents a blissful mix of the familiar and the exotic, including therapeutic massage, rejuvenating facials, invigorating scrubs, purifying wraps, hot paraffin manicures, pedicures, hair styling and much more.
- At Poseidon Spa at the Casa Monica Resort & Spa, you’ll step from the charms of the historic district through the doors of a luxurious oasis, where unique wellness and personalized therapies await.
- Whisk away to a vibrant world of wellness and serenity in the Zen-inspired spa at the Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort.
- Whether you desire a soothing massage or a rejuvenating body wrap, the specialists at Spavia Ponte Vedra will assist you in creating the perfect day spa experience.
- Modern Aesthetic Centers offers evidence-based aesthetic and wellness services complimented by a world-class experience.
- Under the direction of our experienced practitioners and medical professionals, Effect MedSpa makes sure their clients receive the highest quality of skincare and laser treatments.
- Amason Aesthetics in St. Johns, FL, offers a wide range of services designed to rejuvenate, enhance, and repair the skin.
Median Age 46.4
Median Household Income: $116,257
Per Capita Income: $71,870
Source: Census Data, 2021