Candidate Information and Registration
The St. Johns County Chamber of Commerce is proud to once again host “Politics in St. Johns,” St. Johns County’s largest candidate meet and greet. This is a great opportunity for candidates in all contested races to get in front of St. Johns County voters prior to the August 18 Primary and the November 3 General Election.
This year due to the crowd size restrictions imposed by the Covid-19 pandemic, we have transitioned from the traditional in-person events held in Ponte Vedra Beach and St. Augustine to an innovative new online format. We are excited to bring the same one-on-one feel of the in-person events to an engaging online opportunity – dramatically opening up participation to a broad online audience.
Here’s our new format:
• All registered candidates have the opportunity to present a 3 minute “Meet the Candidate” video to be placed on our Politics in St. Johns webpage. Similar to the face-to-face interactions between voters and candidates in past years, each video allows candidates to put a face and story to their candidacy.
• Each candidate must supply contact information giving voters the opportunity to raise questions after viewing their video presentation.
• The Politics in St. Johns website will go live on Monday, July 27, 2020 and remain up until Wednesday, August 19, 2020. Candidates will have the opportunity to submit one updated video beginning on Monday, August 10, 2020.
• We are working to continue our popular “Straw Poll” from past years and will keep you updated on our progress.
• We are also planning live conversations via Zoom or Facebook Live featuring candidates from significant county-wide races the week of August
10 with the opportunity for the audience to ask live questions through a moderator.
• Each candidate must supply the following information: High-Resolution Head Shot (Photo Must be 1280 x 720 pixels),
Candidate Biography, and contact information giving voters the opportunity to raise questions after viewing their video presentation.
(Video Must be 720p (HD) 1280x720 20-45 MB or 1080p (FHD) 1920x1080 50-68 MB.
• The cost for candidates is $250; there is no cost for the general public.
• All candidates wishing to participate must register on-line through this link: https://stjohnscountyfl no later than Friday, July 17, 2020.
• Online registration is preferred; however, candidates or campaign committees who prefer to issue an official campaign check for registration, please call 904-829-5681 to make arrangements for this accommodation.
• Once registered, candidates will receive an email with technical specifications for submitting videos and photos.