• In advance of meetings, review and verify the minutes provided by the PVB Division Director
• Bring to each meeting a copy of the bylaws as amended or otherwise altered to date
• Carry out special assignments as requested by the board president
• Secretary will assist in visiting members and take an active role in recruiting and retaining members in the Ponte Vedra area; this may include providing leadership for membership drive or member renewal visits.
• Assist the Chamber staff in securing member sponsors for Before Hours, At Noon and After Hours.
• The Board Secretary must attend at least one PVBD member event per month; Before Hours, At Noon, After Hours or Ribbon Cutting. The Board Secretary must also attend at least two annual SJC Chamber events per year; Annual Membership Breakfast or EDC Breakfast.
• In absence of Board Chair and Vice Chair, the Secretary will preside at meetings of the PVBD board and maybe requested to preside over PVBD events.
Elected By:General Membership at Large
Length of Term: 1 year
Time Commitment: PVBD monthly Board meetings, and, at least one per month Before Hours, At Noon, After Hours or Ribbon Cutting. – average of 2 hours per month
Reports To: PVB Division board president
Support: PVB Division Chair, PVB Division Director