Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla.
– With THE PLAYERS Championship rapidly approaching, tournament officials announced today that new volunteer registration has started and will remain open until all volunteer positions have been filled. Anyone in the Northeast Florida area and worldwide is encouraged to apply to become one of the roughly 2,000 volunteers that make THE PLAYERS possible. The best field in golf returns to THE PLAYERS Stadium Course at TPC Sawgrass in Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla., March 12-17, 2019.
Volunteering at THE PLAYERS is a unique avenue for not only golf fans, but also those looking to support an event that gives millions of dollars back to the community and to become a part of the team that works tirelessly to make the tournament a showcase of excellence.
“Volunteers are the backbone of THE PLAYERS Championship,” said Adam Campbell, tournament chairman for THE PLAYERS. “Their countless hours, dedication and positive attitudes are the reason this tournament runs so efficiently and is able to be a true shrine to golf fans and a fantastic experience for the best players in the world.”
Volunteers at THE PLAYERS are placed into committees, with jobs ranging from on-course duties like acting as a marshal or walking scorer to other support roles that involve assisting players and fans, such as admissions and player/caddie services. Those who wish to apply to be a volunteer at THE PLAYERS this year, or who are looking for more information, can visit THEPLAYERSvolunteers.com
Volunteers at THE PLAYERS pay a fee of $99 for the week, which includes:
• Volunteer Uniform
o Tournament-branded Golf Shirt
o Tournament-branded Jacket
o Tournament-branded Hat
• Tournament Credential, which provides access to the event when not working
• Discounted food & beverage in Darlene’s Diner (Volunteer Dining)
• 30% off coupon good for a one-time purchase in the tournament merchandise tents
• Apparel store in Volunteer Headquarters with heavily discounted merchandise
• Complimentary Volunteer Pin
• Visit from Tournament Champion post-event
• Special offers & discounts from most tournament sponsors
• Tournament tickets available for purchase at a discounted rate
• Additional post-tournament perks based on the number of hours worked
More information about THE PLAYERS is available at THEPLAYERS.com
About THE PLAYERS Championship
THE PLAYERS Championship annually combines the best field in golf with the world-class venue that is THE PLAYERS Stadium Course at TPC Sawgrass. Optum®, Morgan Stanley and Grant Thornton LLP are the exclusive Proud Partners of THE PLAYERS. Proceeds from THE PLAYERS benefit Northeast Florida charities and have totaled $100 million since the event moved to Ponte Vedra Beach in 1977, including a record $9 million generated in 2018. For more on THE PLAYERS and the surrounding area, visit THEPLAYERS.com
Optum is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business dedicated to helping make the health system work better for everyone. With more than 135,000 people worldwide, Optum delivers intelligent, integrated solutions that help to modernize the health system and improve overall population health. Optum is part of UnitedHealth Group (NYSE:UNH).
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley (NYSE: MS) is a leading global financial services firm providing investment
banking, securities, wealth management and investment management services. With offices in
more than 42 countries, the Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations,
governments, institutions and individuals. For more information about Morgan Stanley, please
About Grant Thornton LLP
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd, one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton, which has revenues in excess of $1.8 billion and operates 59 offices, works with a broad range of dynamic publicly and privately held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations.
“Grant Thornton” refers to Grant Thornton LLP, the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd (GTIL). GTIL and the member firms are not a worldwide partnership. Services are delivered by the member firms. GTIL and its member firms are not agents of, and do not obligate, one another and are not liable for one another’s acts or omissions. Please see grantthornton.com for further details.