Jacksonville Job Fair will be taking place on Tuesday August 20th, 2019 at The Prime Osborn Convention Center located at 1000 Water Street, Jacksonville, Florida 32204.
This is a unique opportunity for job seekers to get guaranteed face time and make personal connections with recruiters and hiring managers from some of Northeast Florida's best companies and organizations.
Over 30 Companies and organizations will be looking to fill hundreds of positions in a variety of industries.
We are adding more and more Companies everyday so visit our website: www.jobnewsusa.com
for our updated list of participants.
*Booth space is still available and employers can call General Manager Andrew Lemister at (904) 296-3006 for additional information.
** Free Computer Lab to research companies, apply to jobs and customize your resume
** Free admission and parking
** Bilingual (Spanish) job seeker assistance will be available to help you land your new job **
Aetna: Customer Service Representatives
Brookdale Cypress Village: Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs), Nurses (RN), Home Health Aides, Servers, Cooks, Bakers, Resident Care Associates (RCA)
CareerSource Northeast Florida: Career Services, Resume Assistance
City of Jacksonville – Military Affairs: Veteran Services
CNS Healthcare: Free Medical Resource. Compensation upon enrollment.
Colonial Life: Sales Managers, Entry Level Sales
Concorde Career College:
DeVry University / Keller Graduate School of Management: Associate, Bachelor and Master’s Degree Programs along with Undergraduate and Graduate Certificates. Courses are taught by credentialed professors for both on campus or 100% online. 8 week sessions to allow for a more individualized focus. Experienced tech-infused education to keep you moving forever forward.
Dominos Pizza / Perfect Pizze Pie: General Managers, Customer Service Representatives, Assistant Managers, Deliver Drivers
Duval County Public Schools: Teacher (Math, Science, Elementary, Reading, ELA), Paraprofessional and School Safety Assistant (SSA).
Enhanced Resource Centers:
Florida Blue a GuideWell Company:
G4S: Upscale Security Officers and Custom Protection Officers
Grainger: Customer Service-Branch Office, Service Desk Specialists, Inventory Control Coordinator, Business Analyst - Asset Manager, Global Command Center Specialists, Warehouse-Material Handlers
Heavy Equipment Colleges of America: Admissions Representatives, Trainer, Career Services
LeaderQuest: I.T. Technical Instructors
Mass Mutual Southeast Coast: Financial Services Professionals
Massey Services: Manager Trainees, Sales Representatives, Service Technicians
Ovation Credit Services: Case Advisors (Customer Service), Credit Analysts (Sales)
Radius: 3rd Party Collections, Medical Collections, Quality Assurance Agent
Remedy Intelligent Staffing: Warehouse Associates, Customer Care Representatives, Electronic Assemblers, Cherry Picker Operators,
Republic Services: Residential CDL Drivers, Commercial Drivers, Diesel Mechanics, Driver Trainee, Driver Helper, Sorters, Roll-Off Drivers.
Student Transportation of America: School Bus Drivers
The Vistakon Research Clinic / PRA Health Sciences: Research Participants
US Customs & Border Patrol: Border Patrol Agents, Customs and Border Protection Officers, CBP Air Interdiction Agents, Marine Interdiction Agents, CBP Agriculture Specialists
VIPKid: Online Teaching Positions - 100+ Spots Available, All Work From Home Positions
Job seekers should dress professionally, bring plenty of resumes and should pre-register at this link: August 20th Jacksonville Job Fair Information
When you attend the Job Fair you can:
· Meet one-on-one with recruiters and hiring managers.
· Learn about upcoming job opportunities so new they haven’t been advertised yet.
· Possibly walk away with a job! Some employers offer on-the-spot interviews and job offers.
How to GET HIRED:
1. Visit jobnewsusa.com before the event and pre-register (you can also do this at the door). On the site you will be able to view the event directory so you can see who is hiring and what jobs are available.
2. Get a game plan and research companies of interest from the directory. Develop tailored resumes for the companies you want to apply with.
3. Have a clear career focus. Be prepared with an answer to one of the first questions each recruiter is going to ask you: “So, why are you here today?”
4. Sharpen and rehearse your elevator speech. Your elevator speech can be a great response to the typical interview question, “tell me about yourself.”
5. Prepare and practice responses to typical interview questions. “Tell me what you know about our organization?” “Why do you want to work here?” “What are you looking to do?” “What are your goals?”
6. Sketch out a few questions to ask each recruiter.
7. Dress professionally! Clean-cut, well-fitting, conservative.
8. Make a good first and lasting impression! Wait patiently in line for your chance to meet with the recruiter and make sure you ask for their contact information before leaving.
9. Jot down notes as soon as you are done with the recruiter and include these notes in your thank you email that you will send when you get home.
10. Follow up! It is critical to continue to express your interest in joining their team and restate the value you can provide them that no one else can provide.
11. Make sure you arrange for child care the day of the event. You wouldn’t bring your child to an interview – don’t bring them to Career Fair. Career Fairs should be viewed as 30 interviews in one day!
Our final 2 Jacksonville Job Fair events of 2019 will be taking place on September 17th & November 13th.