Economic Development Director Needed
Economic Development Director
Department: Economic Development
Location: Headquarters St. Augustine
Main Job Functions:
Under the direction of the Chamber President/CEO, the Economic Development Director is responsible for implementing the tactical work related to the Chamber’s annual strategic goals for economic development. This includes execution of the scope of work for the county grant and the CareerSource grant. In addition, the Economic Development Director is responsible for the EDC council’s membership, governance and communication. He/She will lead the efforts for Emergency Service Function 18 for Chamber members. The position will work closely with St. Johns County Economic Development department, JaxUSA, the Industrial Development Authority, SBDC, City of St. Augustine and other ED public and private sector partners to accomplish these goals.
- Respond to outside inquiries regarding local economic development opportunities.
- In collaboration with St Johns County Economic Development department bring qualified project leads to announcement for targeted existing business, new business, and relevant speculative space.
- Maintain relationships with prospects, keep project information up to date using the regional Sales Force database and produce monthly reports.
- Produce and deliver print/electronic presentations to prospects and relevant groups.
- Attend JAXUSA partnership meetings.
- Within the mission of the EDC and the scope of work of the Chamber’s strategic plan, assist in special projects that ultimately result in the creation of job, increase of wages and increase of commercial tax base
Workforce Development and Retention
- Meeting with local businesses for business retention purposes in addition to the CareerSource contract scope of work.
- Assist in identifying the role of the EDC in developing and expanding entrepreneurship in St. Johns County.
- Seek local procurement RFP for our local business and promote on our EDC website and through the EDC newsletter.
- Initiate ideas for ED news to be communicated to members and non-members focusing on story telling of business success stories. If necessary, write all press releases for all Economic Development Council’s related activities.
- Preparation of presentation and marketing materials. Create, capture and maintain economic news items for the EDC and Chamber use.
- Responsible for content of information for all EDC webpages. Research data and content to upload on ED webpages. Maintain all information on ED webpages to make the ED webpages a valuable resource providing business intelligence information for companies looking at relocating and/or expanding in St. Johns County, for site selectors, for EDC members and for entrepreneurs. Responsible for content related to business continuity Emergency Service Function 18 (ESF18).
- Use other tools (videos) and outlets to communicate news to members and non-members including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram.
- Produce the annual EDC Report and 4 Quarterly Reports for SJC Economic Development.
- Create the EDC e-Newsletter on a quarterly basis. Identify content following the Chamber Marketing Plan.
- Provide input on Chamber communication such as, new membership brochure
- Manage Quarterly Breakfast including locating speakers, management and promotion with the Events Manager and Communications Manager.
- Work with Chamber President to assist in preparing agenda for EDC Executive Committee Meetings. Prepare all reports necessary for the EDC Executive Committee meetings.
- Provide direction on EDC membership benefits offered to members.
- Work with assigned teams to reach special project and event goals that benefit the St. Johns County Chamber as a whole.
- Our ideal candidate will be an engaged member of the community and understand the local economic development partners/stakeholders.
- Four-year degree minimum
- Experience in economic development, ED Certification a plus.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, Constant Contact a plus
- Social Media knowledge required.
Benefits included for full-time employeesThis job description does not create a contract and does not alter the at-will nature of employment. The job description may be revised or amended at any time.
The St. Johns County Chamber of Commerce is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origins or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.