DID YOU KNOW? Advocates of chambers of commerce have long believed that when a company is active in its local chamber, it is doing the right thing not only for the community but for its own success as well. A study commissioned by the American Chamber of Commerce Executives determined what the real value is to companies active in their local chambers.
SOME OF THE FINDINGS:
- Most consumers (59%) think that being active in the local chamber of commerce is an effective business strategy overall.
- If a company shows that it is highly involved in its local chamber (e.g., sits on the chamber board), consumers are 12% more likely to think that its products stack up better against its competition.
- When a consumer thinks that a company’s products stack up better against the competition because the company is highly involved in its local chamber of commerce, it is because he or she infers that the company is trustworthy, involved in the community, and is an industry leader.
- When consumers know that a restaurant franchise is a member of the chamber of commerce, they are 40% more likely to eat at the franchise in the next few months.
- When consumers know that an insurance company is a member of the chamber of commerce, they are 43% more likely to consider buying insurance from it.
- When consumers know that a small business is a member of the chamber of commerce, they are 44% more likely to think favorably of it and 63% more likely to purchase goods or services from the company in the future.
For more information on this study, follow this link.
Why financial support from members/community partners means growth:
- Improving St Johns County’s pipeline for a better workforce
- Creating good jobs by diversifying the economy
- Supporting infrastructure improvements for smart growth and development
- Engaging local government entities to become more efficient and effective
When we celebrate the opening of a new business in St. Johns County, we are celebrating the dream and the creation of jobs in our community. A single job is the greatest force for change.
Be an advocate for change by continuing to support the St. Johns County Chamber of Commerce.